Last year I said I’d:
- Run another marathon.
- Write some more.
- Enjoy my new job and life in SF.
Well, I’ll score that a two out of three. Yes, I ran the marathon, but I stopped halfway (oh, the hills!); I didn’t really blog any more; but yes I enjoyed life in SF. Sometimes life makes things difficult, but my amazing wife and I got through it together.
We started the year in an empty apartment, sleeping on the floor, not knowing anyone in the city. By the end, I feel we’ve settled in and started to make friends.
This year I have:
- Had cataract surgery. (again)
- Passed my Driving Test. (again)
- Been visited by both mothers and both brothers.
- Launched a Follow Button and Web Intents.
- Tinkered with various aspects of twitter.com.
- Seen Buzz Aldrin, Snoop Dogg, Lady Gaga, and various others come in to the office to see where we work, and thank us.
- Been given free pretzels, trainers, earplugs, ice-cream, online music and books, just because I work at Twitter.
- Not been in a plane.
- Not been to England.
- Had but a single weekend away, on the other side of the bay.
- Become a dad. 🙂
Next year I plan to:
- Take it easy.
- Enjoy my
new job and lifein SF.
And I think that’s enough for 2012.