This year had ups and downs. The downs are no fun, so let’s focus on the ups.
This year I have:
- Built a Formula1 website for some pirates, and won an award.
- Passed my Driving Test
- Got stuck in the Canary Islands for four extra days, due to volcanic activity in Iceland.
- Worked for the Government.
- Flown to San Francisco for just 48 hours, for an interview.
- Got a new job at Twitter.
- Had the whole house repainted, only to move straight out of it.
- Moved to San Francisco in California.
- Built a couple of fun experiments.
Looking back to last year’s goals, I’ve scored about 50%. I passed my driving test and had some more fun coding (especially for McLaren), but failed to learn any Polish at all. Ah well. I’ve managed to land a new job and new life quite unexpectedly. Sometimes the best things in life are the ones you don’t see coming.
Next year I plan to:
- Run another marathon.
- Write some more.
- Enjoy my new job and life in SF.
Fairly modest ambitions I reckon. But hey, we’ve only just got here, and our stuff still hasn’t arrived yet. Give us time…